Wednesday, May 25, 2011

An Awesome Saturday @ Exploradora Garden & Club Cabana

This weekend Elva and I went to the Exploradora Garden, which is a very unique, whimsical, and inspiring place.  Visitors walk along paths taking in beautiful flowers, panoramic views of Boquete, and imaginative creations.  When you reach the peak of the garden you are at over 2,200 feet so the views of the city below are spectacular, although as usual in Boquete it was quite foggy.

Witty and inspirational quotes are all around, tucked into every nook and cranny.  I could understand some of them, Elva helped me with others, and I took pictures of lots to figure out for homework!  My favorite was a sign posted on a big tree, “What is the biggest miracle of the world?”  After you round to the other side of the tree there is a mirror that says “You are”.  I also quite enjoyed a witched smashed into the side of a very tall tree with the sign “If you drink, don’t fly”.  


Elva and I picked berries along the way, not sure what they were - sour, but delish!  She also pointed out the coffee plants, which will be ready to harvest in November.  Boquete is famous for its coffee production because of its extremely fertile volcanic soil.  It’s on my list to visit one of the many coffee plantations here.  After we finished exploring Exploradora we walked the few miles home, just barely missing the afternoon showers.   


In the evening I went to Cabana with a neighbor to see a Panamanian band perform live.  They were awesome and it was a great night full of music and dancing.  I even found a translator; he kept me up to speed on all the lyrics which was nice J.    

No comments:

Post a Comment